In 2003 Somerset Film opened The Engine Room an accessible community media centre located in Bridgwater’s High Street. The centre co-ordinates all our activity as well as providing a cafe with internet access and facilities including licensed cinema, studio and edit suites.
Originally conceived as a three year experiment (!), we are delighted to still be here, and in rude health! Over the next couple of years we plan to work with friends and supporters to take The Engine Room to the next level, building on the opportunity afforded by our 99 year lease to create a new, enhanced centre for creativity and communication...
THE ENGINE ROOM OFFERS:
• Drops Ins - free public access sessions. Each week local residents have access to 7 hours of free equipment and expertise through 'drop-in' sessions, which are staffed by professional filmmakers.
These session take place every* Tuesday between 2pm till 9pm.
*From time to time we do have to postpone our Drop-Ins, we do our best to advertise closures a week before however do email us if you are traveling from a distance to avoid disappointment.
• Vegetarian Cafe - with wifi and internet access
Our cafe manager welcomes you to The Engine Room Cafe. We have a selection of hearty, hot vegetarian food offered daily including delicious Curries, Burgers, Soups and Chilli. We also have tantalizingly good weekly specials.
As well as hot food we offer freshly made sandwiches, snacks, hot and cold drinks, and homemade cakes.
If you would like to find out more or have a look at our full menu please email email@example.com.
• Courses - for all levels and on a range of creative activities from filmmaking, script writing and editing to entry level IT courses and creative one day courses.
• Events - including an annual festival and specialist masterclasses
• Facilities and Equipment Hire - at accessible prices
View our User Information guide here.
The Engine Room also takes up residence from time to time as a Pop-Up. Our aim is to offer some of the regular activities held at The Engine Room to as many people across Somerset as we can. In the past we have popped up in an empty shop in the Quedam Shopping Centre, Yeovil, Prioswood Library, Taunton and The Coast Hotel, Minehead.
If you would like The Engine Room to visit you town or village then get in touch.
From 17th to 21st July we’ll be taking up temporary residence in Dulverton for a week. More information coming soon!
Tell us what activities you'd like us to run by completing our short online questionnaire.
To find out more register your interest via email.