In response to what can only be described as an unprecedented increase in screen-time InspirED Somerset has put together a Podcasting Workshop for Primary Educators, with hopes of inspiring exceptional auditory learning experiences, let by Creative Technologist Richard Tomlinson.
Many young children learn about the world around them via physical devices such as computers, digital cameras and sound recorders. The challenge for teachers is the provision of effective and developmentally appropriate learning experiences that interest, enthuse and inspire children to engage in the curriculum.
Podcasting is one method by which the teacher can support meaningful learning in young children.
Well produced and researched podcasts can:
- provide interesting new content for pupils
- offer enhanced learning for children who find it difficult to engage in the curriculum
- make learning more convenient for pupils (on demand access)
- be listened to repeatedly and aid long-term memory
In this workshop we’ll be looking at:
This Workshop is FREE for InspirED member schools and £25 for non-members. To find out more about how to become an InspirED member please the InspirED website.
To book contact: email@example.com
- the technical process required to record and publish podcasts
- why podcasts are proving so popular and why now is the time to start producing
- podcast formats and themes, specifically relating to the primary education sector
Please Note - upon registering, you will be sent a confirmation email. Please check your junk folder if this is your first time booking with us, as we cannot guarantee your confirmation email will arrive in your main inbox folder.
Accessibility - If you have any access or learning needs, please let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org