Vacancy for Assistant Producer
Full time role - Salary £17,243.96
Permanent post subject to satisfactory probationary period (six months).
Somerset Film and video Ltd is a registered charity trading as a company limited by guarantee dedicated to empowering individuals and communities through the use of film and digital technology.
We are passionate about ﬁlm and digital media making, and committed to sharing knowledge and skills. In practice this means we are a one stop shop for moving image based training and education, for facilities, equipment and advice and for the production of all kinds of video and digital media programmes and installations. We prioritise those at risk of isolation, whether social, geographic or financial and value partnership, working with a wide range of organisations.
We deliver from our unique Engine Room media centre base in Bridgwater and across the county through outreach initiatives and creating satellite resources. Able to respond quickly and flexibly to new opportunities, we make work that has won awards nationally and internationally.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our team as Assistant Producer.
- Strong team player
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of film, graphic design or creative media
- Knowledge of social media and marketing
- Knowledge and experience of participatory practise eg. working with communities.
- Experience of working in a busy environment
Applications in writing (covering letter, CV and completed equal opportunities monitoring form) to Chair of Trustees via email by Friday 27th September at 5pm using Assistant Producer Application in the subject line.
After initial assessment, we will notify short listed candidates on October 7th of their interview date.
We welcome applications from disabled and BME applicants who are underrepresented in our organisation.
The successful applicant will require a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
This Post is Managed by: The Producer
General Role Details:
Hours: 9.30 -5.30 Monday to Friday: 35 hour week (hours may vary due to business needs and after discussion and agreement with the post-holder).
The post-holder will usually be based in the office of Somerset Film Ltd at the Engine Room premises, Bridgwater. Somerset.
All work undertaken must ensure the safe management and co-ordination of the charities activities as an accessible and friendly resource for the public and private clients; in accordance with the organisations parameters of safety, protection of the vulnerable, security, permissions, release forms and licences.
- To ensure the efficient management of the Somerset Film office
- To take responsibility for and be involved in projects
- To take responsibility for and co-ordinate inhouse Film Production
- To undertake some inhouse marketing
Essential Weekly Tasks
- Manage the main email account
- Update central calendar with all relevant information ensuring adequate staff cover with assigned Duty Manager
- Answer telephone, recording and dealing with all enquiries
- Open and deal with post
- Collate information for regular distribution via electronic media including assisting with the update of the Somerset Film website
- Create and/or source visuals to promote Somerset Film and Engine Room activities
- Co-ordinator role for InspirED
- Arts Awards Assessor (BFI, Ignite Arts Academies)
- Minute staff meetings, set agenda
- Support other staff to ensure the smooth running of company activities
- The taking, preparing and circulation of the Minutes of Board Meetings, bi monthly
- Check supplied information of new applicants for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Collate and record all contact information on database eg. course attendees, hirers of equipment, bursaries etc
- Collate information for performance indicators
- Recruit and manage tutors / staff, as required for efficient delivery of projects
- Manage marketing of projects
- Attend events and meetings on behalf of Somerset Film Ltd where necessary
- Assist with the curating/hanging of inhouse exhibitions
- Manage and implement work experience contacts
- Order office supplies
- Respond to the organisation’s Declaration of Climate Emergency by helping to minimise our carbon footprint wherever possible.
- Organise work for regular volunteers
- Publicise job vacancies, manage interview process
- Document petty cash, pass accurate information to the bookkeeper