Somerset Film has a small core team and we regularly employ professional freelance artists, tutors and film-makers. If you are interested in being considered for freelance work please send your cv, showreel (if appropriate) and a covering letter with "Freelance Opportunities' in the subject line to Deb Richardson.
Vacancies for core roles will be advertised publicly. At present we are recruiting for the following:
Creative Director for educational charity Somerset Film
Salary: £33k pro rata - four day a week role. Permanent post subject to satisfactory probationary period (six months).
- To lead the creative life of the organisation to the highest possible standard.
- To be overall responsible to the SFV Trustees for the competent pursuit of the charities goals and continuing development and delivery of the Business Plan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VdVzPc36fv14wph3kG-5gdO5pCPFHYBv/view?usp=sharing
- To advise the Trustees on financial and organisational strategies in pursuit of the goals of the charity.
- To ensure that the charities aims and ethos are reflected in all its activities.
- To work with the Chief Operating Officer / Producer on fundraising policies, bid writing and delivery of fundraising projects.
- To oversee the delivery of grant funded projects such as HLF, NPO etc.
- To recruit and manage such staff and freelance personnel as may be required to deliver agreed activities and services.
- To line manage the Chief Operating Officer / Producer, Technical Manager and the Creative Technologist.
- To duty manage the building and events as required.
- To oversee the financial management of the charity.
- To build partnerships as appropriate with third parties to further the charitable aims.
- To be fully aware of and responsive to such opportunities as arise for the development of the charities capacity, reach and overall effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience of creative media
- Knowledge and experience of participatory practise eg. working with communities.
- Successful bid writing skills
- Strong team player
- Good communicator, motivator with the ability to develop talent.
- Experience of business development
- Experience of financial management
- Experience of film and/or digital media production.
Applications in writing (covering letter, CV and completed equal opportunities monitoring form) to Chair of Trustees via [email protected] by Friday 30th August at 5pm using Creative Director Application in the subject line. In your covering letter, please make your availability for the interview dates (during 9th - 30th September) known to us.
After initial assessment, we will notify short listed candidates on September 6th of their interview date.
Ideally the role will commence on October 1st but we are flexible, informed by required notice periods and the process of obtaining satisfactory references.
We welcome applications from disabled and BME applicants who are underrepresented in our organisation.
The successful applicant will require a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.