Somerset Film offers work experience opportunities with its experienced team at The Engine Room, Bridgwater. What we’re looking for is bright, highly motivated people who have a clear interest in media, and hope to make it their career.
We receive many more requests for work experience than we have places, so please read through :
• There are a maximum of 4 one-week placements twice a year for school pupils studying GCSE.
• If you’re between 16 and 19, we encourage you to apply for BFI Film Academy. Depending on demand, there may also be a few one-week placements available.
• We give priority to students currently studying at HE level for placements of up to three weeks.
• We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, from the BAME community, and from disadvantaged groups.
• If you don’t fit any of the above categories, but are keen and determined, we’d still like to hear from you. We also provide bursary opportunities for adults.
If you meet our criteria, and there are places available, we’ll contact you. Not everyone will get a place, and we may not be able to offer your preferred dates.
We try our best to respond to every email, however during busy periods please be patient with us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Do think carefully about your answers to the questions on the application form (submission details are on the form) – they are what we’ll use to decide who gets a placement.