- The main entrance has level access.
- There is level access to our cafe, gender neutral toilets including a disabled toilet, Studio One and Studio Two.
- In Studio two there is an additional disabled toilet with level access.
- There is a slope to access a small external back yard area, which we fondly refer to as 'Central Park'.
- The second floor is accessible by a stair lift.
- The spaces on the second floor, which include staff office, Signal Box and Creative People and Places Office then have level access.
Most staff have disability awareness training. We have also received training in film subtitling.
- The walls and the doors have high colour contrast.
- Some parts of the venue have lighting, which is adjustable.
- Our brochure is available on request in audio and large print format.
- Assistance dogs are welcome and water bowels can be provided.
- There are short term parking bays opposite and close to The Engine Room, which can be parked in for longer by Blue Badge holders.
As an organisation, Somerset Film has declared a climate emergency and we're encouraging everyone who visits us to walk, cycle or use public transport where possible.
Our address is 52, High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3BL.
We are located in the High Street and easily located on foot. Bridgwater has a rich heritage so whilst you are in the town you can enjoy a heritage trail and local independent shops. There are also additional local walking trails such as Coleridge Way and River Parrett Trail. If you're passing fill up your water bottle in our cafe!
Bridgwater Station is on the Bristol to Taunton line, operated by GWR. With frequent services from Bristol and Exeter, it's an ideal way to reach us from towns such as Taunton or Weston-super-Mare or further afield such as Paddington or Plymouth. If you have a physical disability then please be aware that Bridgwater station has limited accessibility - further info on facilities here. When you arrive take a moment to enjoy the Grade II Listed station buildings, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
The station is a 16 minute walk away from The Engine Room and on the way, you'll cross the River Parrett and pass a range of historic buildings that hark back to the town's heyday as a port town, especially along West Quay.
We are an eight minute walk from Bridgwater Bus station, where a number of National Express coaches stop and local buses including Number 75 (Wells and Street), local service number 14 (Bridgwater hospital to Nether Stowey) and Number 21 (Taunton).
Bus number 21 if coming from Burnham-on-Sea also drops off opposite Angel Place Shopping Centre in the High Street. From there walk up the High Street away form the main shopping area in Fore Street and we are on the opposite side of the road.
It's Better by Bike!
Please note that the High Street, where we are located, is a one way road. There are a number of posts suitable for locking up bikes to, directly opposite the entrance to The Engine Room.
Somerset County Council has produced a series of walking an cycling maps using a network of off and on-road maps, you can download one for Bridgwater here.
Travelling by Car
Download directions from the M5 here. Our address is 52, High Street, Bridgwater, TA6 3BL.
The nearest car parks are in Market Street and at Angel Place Shopping Centre. Additional Car parks can be found in Mount Street.
There are short term parking bays (one hour) opposite The Engine Room and slightly further up on the right hand side of the road. The High Street is one way.
There is also a loading bay directly outside the Engine Room. If you use this bay to collect equipment please be aware that parking attendants will require you to have your car boot open as an indicator that you are loading.