We work across the county developing resources and initiatives to provide access to equipment, expertise and activities to increase creativity, develop transferable skills, nurture local talent, raise aspiration and help individuals and communities to have a voice.
We deliver a wide range of initiatives across the county such as family Connections and Capture Somerset. We also manage The Engine Room, a community media centre in Bridgwater High Street and take the regular activities held there out and about, across the county, via Pop Ups – look out for one in your area.
You can get involved through one of our:
- Bursary and work experience placements
- Community use of The Engine Room
- Community outreach projects
- Drop Ins – open access sessions for people of all ages and abilities
- Engine Room screenings and networking events
- Equipment hire
- Introductory courses
- Somerset-TV.com – an online TV channel for local content
Once you’ve mastered the basics and been inspired to do more, then our Creative Development activities aim to nurture and celebrate local talent.